Friday 25 October 2013

Satan's advocante... poetry, writings, and acts {Like the last drops of every cup, we keep, my love and me}

.

I know many faithful will wonder these words today,
in general they're always complaining about something,
attacking any religious institution,
even badmouthing some "idiot" like myself...
but tonight an act of deep reflection
inspired me to write these words
when I was drinking from a water cup.

I know this may seem utterly trivial,
even a little philosophical,
but I'm sure you'll understand when I explain.
Woke up half naked here at some tonight, my love and me,
at the middle of a normal past celebration night.
Lately we have had many reasons to celebrate,
that our liquor stock has been severely reduced.
And if life continues so good to us,
we will end up living her with liver cirrhosis.

Well... celebration asks for liquor in the water cup,
and after I had enough of holding with my hand
the cup with just a taste on the bottom,
I drank, but not till the last drop,
and commented to my love,
who is always next to me,
loving me even if with a sleepy face,
and I told her:
"Life, my love, is like drinking from a water cup
when there is still a remnant of liquor inside."

She looked at me with the sweetest expression,
aware that the effects of the liquor
had not yet completely dissipated from my mind,
but I explained to her and explain to you now,
waking up half naked looking
for some ice to put in the water cup,
bettering the simplistic idea to hold as is the cup with liquor,
for in the natural temperature,
thus too warm to be delicious
the liquor that is there,
I could not normally drink from that cup.

I have then faced my love with a philosophical dichotomy:
"If you now fill with ice the cup,
I'll lose the last drop at the bottom,
on the other hand, if you fill the cup,
this residual drop may still profit us later,
but most certainly I will miss the time,
and I will swallow it, even the last drop
I would not normally drink."

What makes us decide on issues this simple?
The answer is that my love decided without need
for a philosophical view of the world.
An immediate reflection never stuck to the current time,
rather satisfied with the hand holding the water cup,
than with the liquor held by the cup,
but without thinking about any following scarcity,
unlike mankind is doing to consume nature
just to be able to taste from its similar last drop.

But my love, my love does not care with the last drop,
"I'll get you another cup", my love said...
lovely and pure is my love,
saving for later that last drop
we will maybe taste together
while pretending we are distracted.
Have not washed the cup my love,
it will be our to keep,
maybe for after another coming celebration...
and I know many faithful will wonder these words today,
in general they're always complaining about something,
attacking any religious institution,
even badmouthing some "idiot" like myself.

On the other hand,
a person apart from our philosophy
will immediate think long term,
will not understand that the cold icy liquor
can be consumed more widely
if relinquishing from that drop,
in favor of a new cup.

And so it is with everything proceeded,
each of our choices reflecting our philosophical position,
even the smallest of them.
Choose to drink it on a weeknight,
risking, waking up half naked
and having love by your side,
reflecting my love and me.
We enjoyed a life of pleasure
and we are both willing to pay the price to have it.
we are half naked, we are fully aware
that we will not live forever within a carnal life,
nor "eternal life" in a heaven or a hell.

And like there is another cup to drink,
there probably will not be more icy liquor in either place,
be it in heaven or in hell,
what matters is my love
always gets me another cup.
So believe if you want what they say,
attacking any religious institution,
even badmouthing some "idiot" like myself,
because there are only believers who drink,
and non believers who drink,
and both, in hell supposedly want me to suffer.

What better way than to deprive ourselves
of pleasures that we hold dear?
My synagogues offer such way,
every thing in life,
our philosophical perspectives,
those of my love and mine,
what is to each of us individually,
and what is to be done collectively as a species.

Humanity is hedonistic in nature.
We are constantly worried
about you not liking we getting pleasure
under the most diverse forms.
We enjoy relaxing half naked
and for this we extract every last drop
that Earth can give us.
Even if it means collecting cups
with last drops to be tasted later,
but that's how we are.

We no not like to display our other naked half,
often under eagerness to expose our complete nudity
to prove that other flesh is better than ours
and that other skill at the visionary wheel is much higher.
So let them create this gigantic industries that bleed the Earth
to take oil wells in other countries,
in search of metal to cover their bodies,
and invent wars in which even our children will die.

Attacking any religious institution,
even badmouthing some "idiot" like myself...
what better way than to deprive ourselves
of pleasures that we hold dear?
My synagogues offer such way,
every thing in life,
In all of everything we are guided by our vision
for our world, that of my love and me,
is for the practical philosophy,
one that needs not to be profound in texts
like those of the hermetic philosophers of the Academy,
but that is made of little things
from our remote past long daily life,
like the last drops of every cup,
we keep, my love and me.

When we got in love, my love and I,
my love did not understand my interest on the last drop...
to be honest, my love was never a philosopher
whose writings have never attracted me.
Now and always I understand this obsession that makes
our other half but dressed part to be under such eagerness,
and I tell you we are half naked now, my love and I,
my love's face buried in books, and hours yet to come...
but my love speaks precisely our life philosophy,
not that distant academic philosophy.
And is my love's philosophy that governs us in everything,
even in small acts, like when my love just brings me another cup,
and my love knows one day we too will have from a last drop,
but for now we will go on putting the cups aside,
waking up after celebration in the middle of any night,
because we have much to celebrate,
that our liquor stock has been severely reduced.
And if life continues so good to us,
we will end up living her with liver cirrhosis.

That's why my love brought me another cup,
there will always be another day to drink the last drop
and cares not for the trivial my love,
caring only for the liquor to be not warm,
for my love knows how much better is icy liquor,
which she brings me still half naked,
for I am too always half naked to my love.
That is my synagogue,
even under the eagerness
attacking any religious institution,
even badmouthing some "idiot" like myself...
what better way than to deprive ourselves
of pleasures that we hold dear?
My synagogues offer such way...
any other night will be better to have a last drop,
tonight I have my love who gladly brings another cup,
but I know many faithful will wonder these words today,
in general they are always complaining about something,

.

No comments: